Village support from VoK’s vetted & trained volunteers might be a ride to the doctor, a friendly visit, or help with chores. It also means lively activities and interest groups designed to keep you active and engaged. We all benefit when neighbors stay active and engaged in our community.
Do you ever need assistance, whether it’s picking up a few items at the supermarket or someone to accompany you to a healthcare appointment? We all need assistance sometimes!
- Do you know someone who needs transportation because of a temporary or permanent disability who can’t get out to do errands or to healthcare visits?
- Do you know neighbors who might enjoy new social and educational activities?
- Would you like to learn (or learn more) about using a computer, tablet, or smartphone?
- Do you need assistance with minor house repairs (even changing a hard-to-reach light bulb) or with pulling weeds or other minor yard work?
- Have you wished you could get assistance from a neighbor but felt uncomfortable asking?
If you’ve answered “yes” to these or similar questions, you are not alone! The Villages of Kensington will fulfill those types of needs.
The Villages of Kensington (VoK) is a nonprofit, all-volunteer organization of neighbors helping neighbors. We formalize, expand, and enhance the neighborly assistance already in place in some Kensington locations, working in partnership with existing services. VoK supports the intergenerational quality-of-life needs of all residents in our Kensington, Maryland, service area, including for seniors who want to “age in place” in their homes.
Questions? Comments? Contact us at email@example.com or use the CONTACT tab above. Or call us at 301-509-0191 and leave a message; we'll return your call within 24 hours.